Do I qualify?
To qualify you need to be receiving one of the Government-funded mobility allowances listed below.
- The Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMC) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA),
- The Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP),
- The War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS) or,
- The Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
See the Motability site for full details.
How much does it cost on my allowance?
Depending on the car, it will cost either all or part of your mobility allowance. If you wish to upgrade to a more expensive model that costs more than your allowance, you will need to cover that cost in the form of an advance payment.
How do I apply?
It’s easy to get started. You can request an information pack, or visit the Motability website to check your eligibility and take the first step to choosing your car.
Can I join the scheme if I’m over 65?
Yes – if you receive the HRMC (Higher Rate Mobility Component) of the DLA (Disability Living Allowance) or the WPMS (War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement), and have 12 months or more remaining on your allowance, then you are eligible to join the scheme and can choose your car today.
How can I adapt my car?
There are a number of adaptions to help improve your driving experience:
- Driving adaptions, including pedal modifications and electric controls.
- Stowage adaptions, which include rooftop stowage and car boot hoists.
- Access adaptions to help you get in and out of your car, including swivel seats and electric hoists.
All ŠKODA cars can be adapted to suit you. Contact our Motability Speciality in Ipswich or Kings Lynn today for details.
Will I get my advance payment back?
We’re afraid not – the advanced payment isn’t a deposit. It is the amount paid to ŠKODA either before or on the day you collect your car. It is a one off, non-refundable payment.
How long will it take for my car to arrive?
Delivery times vary depending on the model, so stay in touch with the team at Motability who will keep you updated of any delays.